Last week, Lexie tried out for the district choir. She made it. I filled out the permission slip but forgot to turn it in on time. So, I just forgot about the whole thing. Well, yesterday when I went to pick her up from school, the music teacher, Mrs. K, grabbed me and asked me if Lexie still wanted to be in it and to be at the High School at 4:15 for rehearsal. It was about 3:45 when I was done gathering the kids and then I realized what time it really was and that we'd walked and what time we needed her to be at the HS...yeah, we booked it home super quickly.
Amazingly, we made it to the HS in time. I sure looked funny rushing into the school with 5 little ones. I hadn't really planned anything exciting for them to do there, I was going to leave her there for the rehearsal and then Rick would pick her up. But, gratefully, one of Joseph's friends' from DI big sister was also in the choir and her mom offered to bring Lexie home for me. She saved my afternoon.
Today, Lexie had another practice for tonight's concert. Rick and the boys got to go listen to it. They said it was pretty good and Lexie really enjoyed being in the choir. (And the pizza the district provided for dinner there.)
I'm glad that she was able to participate (even though I forgot to turn things in on time). I didn't think that February was going to be that crazy of a month but it's turning out to be extremely busy around our house.
05 February 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment