30 May 2013

A Colorado Centennial Celebration

Today was the 4th grade Colorado performance. I volunteer on Thursdays so I helped get the kids ready for the dress rehearsal by helping pin costumes, put on make up and curling and braiding hair. These kids were so excited and looked amazing! They all have worked so hard on this!
So, I figured since I was at the school already I would just stay and watch the afternoon performance. My friend, Nikki, had Eliza and Lucy and was going to bring them up so she could watch it as well. The plan should have worked just fine, however, it just didn't. Nikki got the girls there just fine. Although, Lucy decided to have a huge blow out at her house, so she was naked since I didn't send an extra outfit with her. But that was fine. Eliza was happy and good for about the first 10 minutes. Then all of the sudden she brings me her shoes telling me she doesn't need them and I said, "Please put them on, we need to wear shoes at school." And then she started screaming! I grabbed her and took her out, no big deal. Usually she stops once you pick her up. Um, not this time. The screaming continued and much louder. It was awesome. So I've got my arms full of little girls, one screaming and shoes in my hand and then I have to try to grab the stroller so I could get us out of the school. It didn't go so well.  After about a 3 minutes we finally made it outside. It was miserable. Since there was only about 30 minutes left of school, we just hung out in the car, but I didn't enjoy Eliza's tantrum. That was a first in public. Hopefully it will be the last.
So, for tonight's performance I found a babysitter for Eliza and Andrew. That worked out fine. Although, Andrew told me his teacher pulled him out for testing during the dress rehearsal, so that stinks. He never saw the whole thing. We did record it so he can watch the video. And poor Joseph made it after missing a bit. (His class had an issue on their field trip so only those with siblings in 4th grade got to go watch it.) Anyway, that being said, the afternoon performance was great I hear, I just didn't see it.
The evening performance was awesome, too!
Lexie got the part of a mountain man and spent a lot of time playing cards with Vaughn, Muriel, and Kadin. I was grateful Mrs. Wells had a costume for her. She wrote the play and also outfitted many of the kids.
 Lexie had a solo to sing the second verse of "America, the Beautiful" and she did a great job!
She also had a rap with some of the other mountain men. Her's was about Kit Carson, yes sir! She did great with that, too.
 There were so many fun songs! The kids did great and it was super enjoyable!
Here's Lexie with Cassidy.
And Cassidy & Haley.
And with Heather.
And lastly, with her teacher, Mrs. Freeman.
We love our school!

No comments: