26 March 2013

He's Done Graduated

Hooray for Andrew! He's all graduated from Speech! He still has some issues with his "s" sound and he's now a tongue thruster, but hopefully we can figure some things out to help with those problems. His speech teacher was nice and is sending home some things for me to work on with him in those areas. But he's gotten so much better that he no longer qualifies for speech/special ed services! Hooray!

It was a great IEP meeting and I learned a lot. I didn't know he had a speech teacher and then a "fun" speech teacher (the occupational therapist one where he gets to play and jump and stuff). When I asked him later he said they were both fun, so that is good, too! They did tons of testing for him to see where he's at and it's good to see he's doing great in all aspects of school-mentally, emotionally, socially, physically, academically. He's a trooper. And he averaged out all of the scoring out to being where a 7.5 year old would be. We will not be having him repeat kindergarten, so it's good to know that has been settled.
Andrew loves school and loves all of his teachers and we are so grateful for all of them and for all the help they gave him to get him up to where he is. I'm still amazed at how far he's come with his speech in just 3 years! It's great!

No comments: