Once upon a time, when I turned 16, I got super sick on my birthday. My Mom had planned a surprise party for me & instead, she cancelled as I was sick, lying on the bathroom floor, throwing up a lot. My poor older sister, when she called to tell me Happy Birthday, got to hear me throw up on the other end of the line. I'm sure she didn't love that.
But one other thing I remember was the next time I went to school, passing my brother (who was a senior) & some of his friends & they said "Hi" & "Did you have a Happy Barfday?" I laughed. Good times. Anyway, I don't have a great track record for being super healthy on my birthday. And this year was no exception.
Lexie got sick on Monday & Eliza on Tuesday. I thought we were all done. Nope, Friday morning I spent it throwing up. Lovely. Gratefully, Saturday I was starting to feel better, but I've decided that being sick when you're older is much harder on one's body than when you're younger.
Rick was already excited about not having to make me breakfast for my birthday as the Ward Christmas Party was this morning. So, he wasn't going to have to make me breakfast either way.
Andrew had Brady's birthday party to go to this afternoon at Chuck-e-Cheese. (Rick got out of having to make me lunch, too because he took Andrew to the party. Lucky boy!)
Ready for the game.
Looks intense. (I LOVE how expressive our Andrew is. We always know what he's feeling.)
Woah!!
And that party totally wore him out!
While they were gone, Lucy was very good for us while Lexie, Joseph, & I played Settlers.
They were nice enough to let me win. I've always wanted to make an 8 on this game & today I did. :)
Then we played Monopoly. That was fun & they let me win there, too. So kind!
Next, we opened some presents.
And then cake-which no one really ate because we were all sick. (Andrew got sick today, too.)
Overall, it really wasn't that bad of a birthday. Different, but enjoyable getting to just hang out with the kids, relaxing at home.
(And yes, there was more sickness. Joseph got sick on Sunday & Rick on Monday. Yep, everyone, except for Lucy, got it-gratefully she stayed well!)
15 December 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment