After I dropped off Lexie & Joseph, the cheering continued & we went to the bank. We pulled up at the drive thru & the cheering continued. I was laughing so hard. I think the tellers weren't impressed because we didn't get suckers. :)
But, I was impressed that Andrew was learning lots about the election in Kindergarten. He told me that the elephant with red, white, & blue was for Romney & the donkey was for Obama. I didn't teach him that. But it's been fun these last few months talking about issues with the kids. It always makes for interesting dinner conversations. I'm grateful that they want to know things & think about things.
Well, once we got home from errands, I had to video Eliza doing her little cheer.
*Update*
We're pretty bummed about the results of this election. Poor Joseph shed many tears this morning. But, we had some good talks about how we will continue to pray for the leaders of our country, how we sustain them & honor the laws of the land & how we get to keep choosing the right & doing our best. I'm grateful for my kids & the desire they have for the truth & for doing what is right. All night long (since I slept from 8pm-midnight I couldn't sleep once I woke up) I kept having Sister Beck's talk, "Mothers Who Know" going through my mind. I don't know why. But I am grateful for my mother who knows & who has taught me important truths & principles. I hope that I can teach these principles & values to my children. I know they are teaching some of them to me. And I hope they will continue to have the desires to work hard, succeed in life, raise good families & serve others & the Lord. I'm grateful to live in this wonderful, free country, the greatest nation in the world. It is a divinely inspired country & I'm thankful to live here. But, I still think that our country just missed out on an amazing opportunity. And I think that is something we will end up regretting.
2 comments:
Just because Mitt Romney is a priesthood holder, doesn´t mean god sent him.
Politics are politics, not more and not less. It´s good to respect and sustain our leaders but we shouldn´t glorify them.
Agree, Dusica, on some points. I didn't & wouldn't vote for someone because they hold the Priesthood. Never have, never will. (Except at church giving a sustaining vote.) I do not glorify Mitt, nor would I. I am very sad for my country though. Like I said, they missed out on an amazing, golden opportunity to have someone who is so experienced in economics, in fixing businesses that are broken & making them profitable. And right now, our country is broken economically. We have way too much debt, we have too many people out of work without opportunities for them to get jobs, & we have too many people on welfare. I voted for Mitt because I believed (& still do) that he had the best plan for these things, the best plan for a good future for my children to have opportunities for good success. I voted for him because I do believe he has more integrity than our current president. Mitt knows how to work with everyone & I think our country needs both sides to work together & our current president cannot/will not do that. I voted for him because he believes in hard work, success, & not giving handouts or expecting a handout. And there are many other reasons. I did not vote for Obama because of his record & policies. I do not think Obamacare is a good thing. It will be very harmful to our country. I believe he lied & continues to lie about Libya, where 4 Americans were murdered. He blamed it on a video which was free to be made due to our 1st Amendment. Obama is also dishonest in that he knew about Petraeus & his affair & held out on the story until the election so it wouldn't hurt him politically. I didn't vote for him because of partial birth abortions. I believe that too is murder. I voted for America. So that my children would know that hard work & responsibility & honesty are values that they should seek for & that those are respected values that should be embraced not shunned. I believe that our country was divinely inspired. And if God really had wanted him to be president, he would have been in spite of everything. I do not glorify a president, I only glorify God. But I am sad for my country & the lost opportunity we had to make our future better more quickly. But I will always respect & sustain our president because I respect the office of president & will continue to pray for him & for the success of our nation. I will continue to work to make my country better & that starts at home. And I am grateful for that.
Post a Comment