20 November 2012

Special Friend's Day

Today at school is Special Friend's Day. Rick went this morning. Lexie was giving a presentation on Native Americans & wanted me to braid her hair (& then take pics with her & Lucy).
Rick tried to get a picture of Lexie dressed up as a Native American, however, this is all he caught. Oh well. Rest assured she looked cute & did a great job.
Then he got to hang out with Joseph for a bit & play at recess with him.
I went this afternoon with Andrew. We made some crafts & colored & ate pumpkin pie. He also gave me this paper saying what he was thankful for. Last week while I was volunteering in his class I saw the circle map on the board with "I'm thankful for" & then the kids made suggestions as to what they were thankful for. There were things like my family, friends, dog, the farm, & then I saw "the black ninja." I laughed & thought, "My child would say something like that." Sure enough, I go to look at Andrew's paper & yes, he was thankful for the black ninja. I have no idea where said ninja lives, came about, but he's very thankful for it this year & we have the documentation to prove it.
I'm glad we could go hang out with the kiddos some today. They are a blast.

No comments: