This morning, I had to wake up early, so that I could enjoy an once in a lifetime experience. Riding in a propeller plane! As I sleepily climbed into the car, I was worried that it would be frightful to be up there, high in the sky! I had not realized what a treat was in store for me!
As I waited in a large room, full of people, I looked for friends that i remembered from Air and Space Camp. Finally, it was my turn to go in the plane! I walked over to the plane that I was to be flying in. Mom took a picture of me next to the pilot.
I then found myself buckling myself into the seat and suddenly the queasy stomach feeling disappeared. I was about to fly! We slowly made our way down the airport parking lot and waited our turn until we could go down the runway. We went very quickly down the runway and all of the sudden we were up in the air. I was flying! I looked down to see my family waving at me and then the airport looked like a small playhouse to me. And then it was gone out of sight.
I saw many different colors of grassy fields and lots of buildings with lots of different colored roofs. I was reminded of Kathrine Lee Bates' poem when I saw the beautiful purple mountains and the lovely fields. My pilot started to fly up a little and then down quickly. Going down meant that we were going at zero gravity, as my pilot, Mr. McLean explained. It felt really weird. It felt like I was flying out of my seat. It's like I was going down a roller coaster. Then Mr. McLean took a piece of paper and put it on the dashboard. He then flew higher, about 10 yards and then quickly flew down. The piece of paper went up off the dashboard for a second. After awhile more of flying we made our way back to the airport. It was a really bumpy landing. I was kind of worried about it. I was really relieved when it was just a little bumpy of a landing.
Then I got off and got to go back and see my mom. I went inside to fill out my log book and certificate. I waited for Joseph and then we went on home.
What a really fun way to spend the morning!
29 June 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment