Yesterday, I didn't take any pictures, but I headed up to Logan to visit another sister & her family. It was a great time. We just visited, ate, went for a little walk, got to watch my niece practice jump roping (she is amazing!) & let the kids play lots! We're so glad we could make it up there on this trip, too.
This morning we woke up to a few inches of snow. It was kind of funny as I realized it had been years since I've had to clear snow from my car. I'm glad we always have a scraper & some gloves in the car. It made me laugh when Andrew asked me if today was Easter. I said no, but quickly caught myself & said, "Yes, today is kind of like Christmas!" It was fun to then hear Lexie & Joseph explain to him why (because it's Christ's birthday).
Today was Rick's last day of class. Because he was at work from 7:30 am until about 5 each night he didn't get to do many of the fun things we did. But he really wanted to go to the Aerospace Museum. So, once he was done with class around lunch time he took the boys over for a quick visit while Lexie & I did some packing up & Eliza "napped" for a bit.
Then we had some lunch & went out to visit my dad's grave. I'm always so touched at how sweet my children are when they are there & what they remember about Grandpa. It was interesting today seeing Eliza there. She never met my dad here but the way she just went up & put her head down by his name like she was giving him a hug & then sitting & facing the headstone & babbling it was like she knew who he was & was having a little chat while sitting on his lap. It was really cute. And after we took this picture she started dancing all over & around. It was kind of funny how sweet, silly, & happy she was to be there. We all sure miss him, lots!





No comments:
Post a Comment