04 April 2012

Antelope Island

Today's adventure was heading out to Antelope Island. I had also never been there before. It was a beautiful day for it & lots to see & do. We headed out to the ranch where there was a little museum for the kids to go through of buildings with tools, old homes & where they could practice lassoing cattle. They also found plenty of walking sticks along the way.
Here are all of the cousins outside the house. The girls especially loved all of the period clothing & old things in there.
I decided I had better take a picture of one of the antelopes I saw on Antelope Island. Not the best, but tada, there it is.
Before we left we drove down to a beachy area & let the kids go down into the Great Salt Lake. They said it was pretty salty.
Just before leaving the ranch I took Eliza over to see the horses that were getting ready to go out for a ride. Eliza LOVES horses right now. The ranch hands were so nice & let me bring her over to pet them. She is usually nervous about petting dogs & cats-loves them & wants to see them but not pet them too much, so I was expecting the same thing with the horses. Nope, she immediately started petting them & tried to share her bink with them over & over. She loved every minute of it. I didn't take any pictures of this because I was too nervous she would stop loving on them. But, tonight at Heather's house the horses in the field behind her came over to eat grass & Eliza again got her fill of horses.
Lots of fun!

No comments: