12 April 2012

A Goose Egg

I was surprised when I picked up Andrew from school today to see him holding ice to his head. His teacher quickly ran over to me & handed me an injury report from the school nurse & told me that Andrew fell & ran into the rock climbing wall at recess. She wasn't kidding. Poor boy bonked his noggin pretty hard & got his nose, mouth, & hands all scrapped up as well. But his teacher said she was pretty sure he didn't have a concussion (& I agree) as he could tell her how many fingers she was holding up & laughed & told her she was trying to trick him when she showed him 2 with pointer & middle finger & then 2 with her pointer & pinky. At least he has a sense of humor. I did feel bad though that I walked to pick them up rather than drive today. But it sure was cute watching him hold Lexie's hand with one hand & kept the ice bag on his head with the other. He's a trooper!
He was also excited about getting home & laying down to watch Team Umizoomi while Lexie did homework & Joseph pulled weeds. Hopefully the swelling will start to go down at some point & he'll have a great sleep tonight!
And silly Eliza really wanted her picture taken too (she didn't like that Andrew was getting all of the attention).

No comments: