03 April 2009

Joseph's Birthday Party

This afternoon we had a party for Joseph & we had a blast! He really wanted a blue dolphin cake & this is what we came up with. Joseph was so excited to see it this morning & gratefully he liked it. The kids were great helpers getting everything ready for the party. At the party we colored, made sea creature snow globes, had a volcano (Thanks, Heather, for the idea!), a bouncy gym (Thank you, Trina!), & raced cars down the stairs. It was hilarious to watch the kids all run from the "hot lava" when the volcano "erupted".
We had such a fun time with so many of his friends & gratefully more friends got to come play that evening so the party continued for hours. My kids did not want it to end! We love fun days like this; especially when everything comes together so nicely. We sure love our Joseph!

11 comments:

jksfam said...

That's an awesome cake! What creativity!!! Happy Birthday, Joseph!

Lori said...

Looks like a totally fun party - good job ont the dolphin cake - looks like a LOT of cake...mmmm...

Denise said...

Wow. That cake is really amazing.

Mamabug said...

Happy Birthday Joseph. It looks like you had a nice birthday. I like the cake. How long did it take to eat it all?

rick and cheryl said...

We gave over half of it away and we're still working on the rest. You should come have some!

Karen said...

What the cake?! Cheryl, that is killer. I can't believe you came up with that! I would have been like, a dolphin cake? um, no. we will have a nice round cake with sprinkles. most impressive. Happy Birthday Joseph!

Vern said...

I always knew that Shamu would look good on a sheetcake. Then again, what DOESN'T look good on a sheetcake?

alli coleman said...

Wow! - Seriously beautiful cake. Who new you were a sculptor? Really, quite fab

Our family said...

so, how did you make that cake? I can't figure it out. Looks like a fun party!

rick and cheryl said...

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun trying to figure this cake out. What I ended up doing was buying a football cake pan, made 2 of them & then 2 sheet cakes for the water. Put the 2 football cakes together, cut off the bottom (to make it stand & used pieces for fins), & then carved out the nose/face of the dolphin. Rick did a great job of giving it a more 3D look. Good times.

Mindy Williams said...

Yeah, that is fascinating. I thought I was getting decent at cakes, but you just took it to a whole new level! Thanks for finding my blog so that we can see what we are all up to! And of course, Happy Happy to Joseph! Wanna help me make a Yoda cake next week?!?