02 March 2009

The Royal Gorge

There was no school today, so we headed down to the Royal Gorge. It is the highest suspension bridge in the world. It also has the steepest incline railway in the world.

This is the funny sign in the middle of the bridge.

We had a lot of fun on the aerial tram, walking around the wildlife park, watching the historical movie (the canyon is all granite), & the kids loved going down into the gorge so much-we did it twice. Despite the 70+ degree weather, the petting zoo & carousel weren't open yet. That was a bummer. We enjoyed the scenery, all the cool rocks & animals, the weather, & the lack of crowds.

6 comments:

jksfam said...

It looks like you had the place to yourself. Is that an albino bison?

Denise said...

How did I live in MD for 30 years and not know about this place?

Lori said...

What a fun day. I think we may have been there before but I get confused about where we've been in CO. :)

4HessGirls said...

Hi Cheryl,
It's Dawn Hess and I found your blog. It's so cute and your kids are adorable. The Royal Gorge looks like lots of fun. Hasn't this weather been awesome? My girls and I have loved playing outside.

Laura said...

It looks scary...is it? Also, I love seeing the places you visit with your kids. It's motivating for me and makes me want to seek out new places to visit.

Mamabug said...

I think I have been on that bridge when I was a kid - it was REALLY windy ant the bridge made creaking sounds that freaked me out. (If this is the same bridge). Sounds like great weather!