22 June 2012

Sprinkler Fun

My children love to go swimming & play in the water. Yesterday I promised them that they could play in the sprinklers when they go off in the morning. Since my children are such early risers, not a hard thing for them to do. By 6:30 they all had their swimsuits on & were waiting for the fun. And it surely was fun!
Once the sprinklers were done I told them they'd be on again in about 2 hours & they wanted to stay out & play. They decided to lay out their towels with umbrellas, books, sunglasses & relax in the nice morning sun. It was all fun & games until I heard this ear shrieking scream, Lexie got stung by a wasp what looked like 3 times. One big sting & 2 smaller ones & she said she felt it hit a few times. But who knows. All I know is she was screaming & it hurt a lot! Her finger got pretty swollen (more than it shows here). I've never been stung & wasn't too sure what to do but to make sure there wasn't a stinger & ice. Lexie claims she's never going outside again as long as she lives because it hurt so much, but I have a feeling she won't keep good on that claim for too long. Gratefully she's doing  much better & she had a good talk with Grandma to help calm her down. Stings are no fun & hopefully we don't have any more around here!

No comments: