Mother's Day is always fun. The kids have been excited for this (& Father's Day) for months. The day started out bright & early-as usual. They did tell me I could sleep in until 7, but that didn't happen. Then the kids started bringing me in all of the cards & some presents from school. They made this cute candy gram (some of it had even been eaten but they saved the wrappers for it). We saw one awhile back we were thinking of doing for Rick for FD, but I was shocked that the kids came up with one on their own for me.
Then they gave me about 15 different cards they've been working on. I don't think I've ever received so many in my life at one time.
Andrew gave me his hand print he made in Joy School. I love it!
Then Rick & Lexie went down & made me an egg/toast sandwich for breakfast with a big glass of orange juice & brought it up to me. While I fed my sandwich to me & Eliza, Andrew drank all of my juice. It made me laugh. And poor Rick who had been up from about 2-4 with Eliza fell back to sleep so I got to go down & make breakfast for everyone else. Much to Rick's credit, about 15 minutes later he came down & helped finish up a few of the last things for them.
On Thursday, Andrew's preschool class had a Mother's Day activity. He decorated this lovely flower pot for me & helped me plant this flower. He also gave me a questionnaire & I was super impressed with how well he answered all of the questions. It sure made me laugh. He is very observant.
Here are some of his answers: She loves to play with me and do lots of other stuff every single day! Mom's favorite food is egg sandwiches for breakfast, smoothies for lunch and burritos & tacos for dinner. We play in the basement with small legos without Eliza together. I love her more than every single thing!
Lexie made me these cookie flowers at Activity Days & this tissue paper one at school during knitting club I think. She was the ring leader in all of the creations & was truly in her element making this day special for me.
And here's cute Liza who loves her apples. I'm amazed at how well she will eat almost the entire thing. This poor little girl also desperately needed a nap today. Unfortunately, it didn't happen until after church & only if I was holding her (& I'm certainly not one who can hold a baby & sleep as well). It made me think of how this really is a Mother's day & a mother never really gets a day off or much rest from doing what is really important. Not such a bad thing.
After church, Joseph made me another card that he got from his primary teacher. It made me smile, too. I'm so glad that he thinks I'm "the very best mom in the whole wide entire universe. Even better than alien moms in alien worlds on Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and all the planets except earth. If aliens are real." He cracks me up!
I'm so grateful to be the mom to these amazing kiddos! I sure love them & they make me smile everyday. And I finally put more of their silly quotes up on the side. They surely make me laugh & I wish I would remember to write more of what they say down. You'd think I'd remember it all, but I don't. Grrr.


No comments:
Post a Comment