I realized today that I no longer had 5 months or 4 months to get Eliza acclimated to a big girl bed & have her forget the crib. I only have 3. So, today I switched out beds & brought up the twin mattress, threw it on the floor for her & we put her to bed in her new bed.
She did better than any of our other kids on their first night. She did not get out of her bed & she was so quiet. In fact, after about 45 minutes of silence I decided to peek in on her & see where she had fallen asleep. I was shocked to find her still lying on her bed but playing with her toes instead. I got super nervous that since I disturbed her all bets were off & she'd come running for the the door after me. But she didn't. She stayed right there & slept all night long like a champ!
*Update: The next morning she woke up & called for me. She wouldn't get out of her bed herself. I have no problem going & getting her each morning-none at all-if it means she'll stay in her bed & sleep.
*Next Update: She naps there without any issues either. She has ventured from her bed but not very much. She does sleep there every night & almost always without any issues. I think she really likes her new bed. Hooray for easy trasistions!
No comments:
Post a Comment