16 January 2012

Star Wars Party

As we all know, my kids like to throw parties. Like a lot. Joseph decided that he really needed to throw a Star Wars party & gave us all invitations.
Since we had a few days to prepare & since it was a serious party & all, I decided to pull out the big guns so that we would all surprise him. It just so happened that I saw a pin on pinterest that day about Star Wars parties & treats & showed Rick. We decided we could pull a few of the ideas off for the party.
And secondly, I have this awesome friend, Karen, who happens to have TONS of great Star Wars costumes, so I asked her if I could borrow some. Gratefully, she said yes. And yes she did. She decked the whole family out!
Our cute little Chewbacca.
Yoda, Leia, & Chewie chewing on a cucumber.
And here is Joseph (because he was the only one who came up with his own costume as our costumes were a surprise for him). He's some patrol guy that is fighting Darth Maul on the back of the wii game. He actually did a really great job of replicating him.
Here's the bunch. I was Leia as well. Joseph was over the top surprised & excited to see us all in costume! His grin was so awesome!
Then we told Joseph that we had yet another costume upstairs that he could wear if he wanted. Of course he did.
And then we showed him the kitchen. He thought all of the treats were "AWESOME" and so amazing. He starting laughing at the Yoda Soda the most. I'm so glad he loved the surprise. The kids like to pull of these little surprise parties for us, it was great that we could do one for him. We should do it more often.
Then we headed down to the basement for some games that Joseph prepared for his party. First, Joseph gave out prizes to the "best dressed" for the party. Eliza won!
Eliza rarely lets us carry her up the stairs anymore. It cracks me up!
Joseph had a fun scavenger hunt game for us & we had to find power ups along the way.
On this bucket portal thing Joseph had every name of every robot in Star Wars taped onto it. And we had to use R2D2 to open the garage for us so we could get the next clue.
Here's Leia just being pretty.
And Yoda with his favorite toy from Christmas.
And what Star Wars party would be complete with out a light saber duel?
And we also got to search for the hidden Ewok.
After all of the games we changed & had treats. And also did a little science experiment with some of the treats.
I think the Star Wars party was a success. Maybe one of these years they can watch the movies.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness. I absolutely love everything about this. Someday I will be as cool with my kid(s) as you are with yours :)

becca said...

How fun. You guys are so awesome!!