Andrew had a class field trip to the Museum of Nature & Science today & we had such a great time! He's been talking about seeing the dinosaurs for WEEKS & wanted to walk around with his teacher, Ms. Krista to see everything. He didn't get to the whole time, but he still loved everything! Here he is with some of his friends waiting while all of us gathered to go in. It's so fun to see him interact with all of his friends & greet each of the kids as he saw them. He's really become so much more social & really loves his friends at preschool.
Andrew has never been to a museum before, so it was fascinating to see how he reacted to different things. He had to look at everything & have me read him each placard in the first room & explain things to him. It was fun, but I was grateful I didn't have to do it for EVERY area we went to.
The lady here was super nice & let Andrew touch everything. It kinda hit me how a year or so ago he wouldn't have liked it because of how sensitive he was to touch but he's come a long way & even told me how different things felt.
And yes, I did park Eliza right next to a dead bird. I thought it would be more interesting than a blank wall since she couldn't see high enough through the window to see the scientists working on cleaning fossils. She was content as well as her play buddy.
Once we finished looking at the dinosaurs we went to look at the Mummies. I was a bit nervous that it would freak him out, but it didn't. Afterwards, we went to the Discovery Zone & played a lot! He & Eliza could not get enough of everything. It was as if they had never seen toys or puzzles before, but I'm so glad they had a blast. We spent a good hour or more in here just exploring.
And before we left he had to put the body parts all in their right place & learn about all of the different parts & what they did. He did a great job putting it together.
As we got outside Andrew reminded me again of his awesomely vivid imagination. Before we went he thought that we would see real dinosaurs, like in a zoo. Once we were safely out of the museum he said, "Mom, I'm so glad we didn't see any real live dinosaurs that wanted to eat us. But I was ready to run if we did." He is awesome & such a delight. Even on the way over I was cracking up. We were almost to our exit off of I-70 & Eliza had fallen asleep & we were both kinda quiet for a minute & Andrew said with a slight giggle of discomfort, "Mom, sorry it's so quiet & I'm not really talking. I'm just thinking." It was awesome. I so love this boy & am glad I could go with him today.
No comments:
Post a Comment