29 June 2009

Rick's Birthday & Father's Day

Rick had a birthday (shout hooray)! The kids had a great time making him a fun sign & making presents. Since we were going to be in Maryland for Father's Day, we celebrated the 2 occasions together.






On Father's Day we went to both our old branch in Brooklyn Park & our old ward in College Park. At the College Park ward, Lexie & Joseph got to list out 5 things they love about their Dad. It was really cute to read what they'd come up with.

Lexie's Five things I love about my Dad:

  1. When my Dad reads me bedtime stories.
  2. When my Dad takes me on walks.
  3. When he pulled out my tooth.
  4. When we play games together.
  5. When he rocked me in circles to help me fall asleep when I was a baby.

Joseph's Five things I love about my Dad:

  1. When he takes me to the airport to get on a plane.
  2. When we wait for mom to come home on the airplane.
  3. When he takes me home from Joy School.
  4. When you picked me up in the black car when mommy ran out of gas.
  5. When I get 1,000 presents on my birthday.

Our children are so grateful for their awesome Dad. It is so much fun to see how much they love him. We're grateful for our Dad's & for all they do for us.

2 comments:

megan said...

Happy Really Late Birthday, Rick!

Joseph sure is lucky to get 1,000 presents. I guess you could get a bunch of legos and say that each lego is a present...

Mamabug said...

Sounds like a great day. Happy late birthday a month ago!