01 June 2009

Memorable Afternoon

This afternoon Joseph followed Rick around while he mowed the lawn. At the end of mowing, Joseph asked, "So when you vroom it, it shims the grass, right?" It sounded accurate enough for a 4 year old, so Rick agreed. Joseph happily said, "Now I know how for when I need to do it."

After mowing, Rick sprayed the grass with weed killer. Joseph watched intently and at the conclusion asked, "Do you just push on that (pointing to the trigger) and the spray comes out of the end?" After being answered in the affirmative, Joseph again stated, "Now I know how for when I need to do it." Rick mentioned to him that it was great he was learning how to do so many good things, to which Joseph replied, "This is a day I'll never forget!"

(And yes, he did pick out his own outfit today. Don't swimming suits and pajama tops go well together?)

3 comments:

Lori said...

cute - thanks for the laugh. ;) I love the outfit actually and think it's great how excited Joseph is.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Adorable!

Mamabug said...

So I guess this means he is ready for chores! Hooray for you!