14 July 2008

She is one smart cookie.

The following exchange took place during tonight's Family Home Evening:

Dad: Lexie, will you choose the closing song- but not "Sunbeam" (that was the opening song & we're trying to get them to branch out).
Lexie: Oh, man. Okay, the "Follow the Leader" song.
Mom: You mean "Do As I'm Doing"?
Lexie: Yes.
Mom: What do you want us all to do?
Lexie: Jump up and down and sing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"!

8 comments:

holly b said...

hah! that's a good one.

becca said...

That's great. Kids are funny.

Becky said...

Very clever, I love it! So who won? Did you sing Sunbeam twice?

Kristy Graff said...

hahah! love it! she's no dummy!

Lori said...

Your kid stories are hilarious.

jksfam said...

What a tricky girl!!!

Karen said...

I love it...what a spunky little girl.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. We think she is pretty silly, too. Becky, we tied. We threw her up in the air like we do for "sunbeam" but sang "Do as I'm doing". But we then sang "Sunbeam" again as part of their bedtime. Good times.