You know how sometimes you watch musicals & they break out into song & you think, "Like that really happens in real life!" Well, today I witnessed it with my own eyes (& ears).
I was watching Lexie play with a group of boys at the park. There was a bit of "You Can't Play with Us" going on between some of the boys. Finally, Lexie & one other boy were playing together. I overheard the following conversation:
Boy: (Pointing to another boy) Let's not play with him. He's not nice.
(I wondered if I should say something, then decided I was more curious as to how she would reply.)
Lexie: But, he's still our friend.
Boy: He's mean.
Lexie: He's still our friend.
Boy: No, he's not being nice.
Lexie: (breaking into song) Yes, he's our friend. Because we are best friends, we are all friends, always be friends...
It was pretty funny. I was also very pleased with how she handled the situation. We have a sweet little girl.
She also sang while 5 or so 3-4 yr olds were trying to jump up to the monkey bars. None of them could reach. She started singing a "Try, we can try, if we keep trying, we will reach it one time" melody as they all took turns.
She bursts into song all of the time at home (esp. in the bathroom or while cleaning), but this was the first time I've seen her do it outside our home. It was really cute.
10 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh please tell me that the "mean" kid you're talking about wasn't my child. And if it was, thank you for not posting his name.
Lexie sure is a cutie.
I must admit that I constantly live in a musical. Yesterday everyone was singing "Do Rae Me" from the Sound of Music while shopping. And N. likes to sing while doing everything. It is funny. I think, Lexie & N. will have good times if they ever get a chance to play.
I love it! Most people only dream of living in a musical. What a doll!
ha ha ha! i love it!
Did anyone give her money for her beautiful singing like in San Diego?
what a happy girl! :)
That is so cute - I wish I saw it!
Post a Comment