02 January 2013

Back Home

It's always so nice to travel and see family. But it's also so nice to be home. I was reminded yesterday how grateful I am that I was not a pioneer crossing Wyoming in the snow. I was pretty chilled running into a gas station in -11 degree weather, I don't think I would have made it across the plains. Those were some pretty remarkable people. But, we made it home, grateful to have a heated car in which to travel. The kids went to sleep easily last night & now we're into the hustle and bustle of being home. Amid all of the unpacking, shopping, and cleaning that needs to be done after a trip, we finally found some time for the kids to play with some of their presents. (Of course they would say it wasn't enough time-yet-but  hopefully they'll be a little more satisfied by the time school starts-okay probably not then, either.)
Lexie spent much of her free time today crocheting. She was practicing the single stitch just to get her hands used to it and she got quite good. Now we need to work on the next stitches.
Joseph played with his laser pegs. Unfortunately some of the pieces were missing from the box so we got those ordered, but that didn't stop him from enjoying the fun of creating.
Of course all of the kids loved seeing the toy glow in the dark. Pretty snazzy.
And the list of jobs to be done in the next few days continues to grow, but we're glad we sometimes still remember to just play and have fun. We've got good kids who help us remember it, and that is a good thing.

No comments: