06 October 2012

General Conference

Lexie built the tent this morning for General Conference. She did a great job! It was very exciting to hear the new age standards for missionaries. It was really cute to hear the kids get excited about it. With the new age standards for missionaries, I said, "Wow, Lexie & Joseph, you guys could really overlap on your missions a lot or not much at all." Joseph quickly added, "I bet a lot & I hope we get to be companions." Not quite. But Andrew was quick to add how neat it would be to go at 18. Glad my kids are excited about serving missions. I guess we now may possibly have less time for them & us to save for their missions. Time for another money/savings FHE lesson.It was a touching moment & a few tears were shed as they talked & I thought about these little ones being great missionaries & servants of the Lord. Lexie asked, "Is that scary to you or a sad thing that we're closer  now to the age that we could serve missions?" I said, "Nope, it's a really happy thing." (But I will miss them like crazy!)

No comments: