Lexie has this great mirror in her room & Andrew has slowly been pulling the decorative sides off of it. This afternoon he figured out how to pull enough padding off to find a sharp edge. He calmly came down to the living room & said, "I bleeding. I bleeding." We turned around & sure enough, he was bleeding. There was so much blood on his hands, arms, face, shirt, & legs (yes, he had time to paint his legs) that I couldn't figure out from where it was coming. He had sliced the tip of his finger open. (3 in all, but only the 1 really deeply.) It was not pretty at all.
As well as having time to paint his body, he left a lovely trail of blood from the mirror in Lexie's room down to the living room. (It was helpful that it was all over the mirror because at first we thought he had found the scissors.)



We finally got him all bandaged up & he seemed pretty content. It wasn't until after we gave him some ibuprofen that he finally acknowledged that he was hurt or in any type of pain.
And of course, about 5 minutes later, he was out for the night.
It's no fun when kiddos get hurt. Gratefully, he didn't freak out at all & let us get him all patched up.
2 comments:
Blood is never fun! I hope you are doing well! Have you decided to move out east yet :)?
What an appropriate title for your post - I agree - Ouch!
Post a Comment