Then suddenly, violently, & without warning, WE CRASHED! It was an exciting crash. A little too exciting for all of us & we were extremely blessed! We were about 11 miles east of Vail coming down the mountain in a pretty good snowstorm. We were driving cautiously, but not enough I guess. As we went around a slight bend in the road we started to slide. We fish-tailed a bit, hit the concrete barrier on the left side of the road & spun around & ended up on the side of the mountain in a ditch on the right side of the road. Gratefully, a tow truck wasn't too far behind (about 15 minutes behind us) & he towed us out & took us to Glenwood Springs. It was strange, our car wouldn't start (I guess there is this inertia switch that you have to push after an accident so it will start again) & with the flat the way it was in the ditch we couldn't change it. We were glad for his help. It was also really funny having 6 people smooched into the cab of the tow truck. Not the most comfortable way to travel, but it was better than walking. We were very lucky to have such minor damage compared to how scary the situation was.
Unfortunately, it took almost 6 hours to get the tire changed & to check for any other non-cosmetic damage. This made for a really long day & a much later visit than planned stopping to visit Rick's Grandma. But we certainly enjoyed the time we got to spend with her.
The next morning we headed up to Logan for Kyra & Kevin's wedding. The wedding was beautiful & we really enjoyed being able to be there for it & to spend time with family. (Lexie loved getting to play with all of the girl cousins.)
It was also nice that all 11 of Cheryl's siblings could be there. We had a lot of fun playing cards & chatting with everyone.
Thankfully, our trip home was much more peaceful than the way out. We even found a dolphin in the sky. Can you find it?

2 comments:
So your WHOLE family was here and we didn't get a call? I'm very disappointed. Glad you guys are OK. Sounds like a scary day!
I know, I know, I know! We really were going to call, but unfortunately we only had a few waking hours before heading up to Logan. Next time, I promise!! I think we just need to exchange some email addresses for them, too.
Post a Comment