18 January 2010

I Love A Good Fiesta!

The kids were pretty sad that I was going on a trip without them (especially Joseph), but I was eventually able to peel them off of me and head out on my little adventure.
I decided to stop in Las Vegas on the way to Arizona. It didn't take long to figure out that Las Vegas, New Mexico is not quite as interesting as Las Vegas, Nevada. The sign said that it's historic - I can't confirm that, but I can confirm that it does have a gas station.
I eventually made it to AZ and stayed the night with a buddy from my missionary days (thanks, Ryan). The next day I met up with my brother and his friends and hung out until going to the game with them.
Me and my younger bro (I can't really call him my little brother since all 3 of my brothers are bigger than me).

Final score: Boise St 17, TCU 10. You gotta love it when the right team wins (especially when you drove 12 hours to attend). After the game, we went to In-N-Out for a celebratory meal.
And I took a picture of cacti. You know, cuz I was in Arizona.

On the way home, I saw a sign for the Mormon Battalion Monument, so I stopped and checked it out.
It's in New Mexico, close to nothing.
Just under two thousand miles in 3 days, that is a great way to have a vacation (as long as you have books on CD, plenty of munchies, and a football game to go along with it). Thanks for getting me a ticket to the game, Cheryl! That was a super Christmas surprise.

3 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm glad you got to go! Fun times! We went to that monument and called it church once. We were in Albuquerque for a night when traveling to CO from CA. We drove by the temple and that monument, and since it was a Sunday, we said that was our church that day... :)

Our family said...

Looks like fun. Thanks Cheryl for making me look bad. Couldn't you just get him a shirt from Old Navy for Christmas? BTW, I'm stilly dying to set a couple people up. I don't suppose you have another family reunion or something here in the near future?

rick and cheryl said...

There is a wedding coming up that I think he'll be coming out for--in April...I'll see what I can find out!