Some of the highlights were getting to see the temples in Halifax, NS & Boston, MA,
visiting some cool lighthouses,
going to the Lexington/Concord area & being reminded of the bravery of those who began the Revolution which founded our Country,
playing lots of miniature golf,
Rick getting 2nd place in the rock climbing wall competition (he got the fastest time overall (12.9 seconds) in 1 heat-but they added the 2 heats together),
seeing all of the ocean side scenery,
the on board Ice Skating show (definitely the best we'd seen yet-Rick's Dad & Grandpa went 3 times),
spending time with family,
& of course the food-& our dinner companions (Bill & Lorraine were great).
Our waiter was from Turkey & he was so nice to bring me some uludag, which is this yummy soda I had on my mission in Germany.
Here are a few other pics from our trip.
Thanks Grant & Joyce for the great cruise! We really enjoyed it & looking forward to the next one. And thanks so much to Janae & my Mom for coming out to watch the kids. They had an awesome time with you! (Joseph was very upset & cried when he woke up & found that you guys were already gone.) We really appreciate everything our families do for us.






4 comments:
That is AWESOME! Scott and I were just talking about a New England cruise in the autumn just last weekend. For some reason I am scared of cruises (I read too many National Goegraphics on the Titanic as a kid) but Scott is all about cruises... so I agreed that after med school and residency is over our first cruise can be a New England one and if I like it we can go from there. :)
That's funny Camille saw Rick. It is a small world!
Wow Cheryl, that looks so amazing. Gorgeous, breath-taking photos! If there is one thing that makes me ache b/c I miss it so bad..it is fall on the East Coast. Oh there is nothing like it.
Those are great photos. I want to do that cruise at some point - how nice you got to go without the kids.
Great pictures - they turned out so nice. Love the colors and lighthouses. I am glad you guys could get out and spend some fun time together. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Post a Comment