03 August 2009

Family Reunion

In honor of my Grandpa R's 100th birthday, we had a big family reunion. It was so awesome to have all of my Dad's side get together & see so many of my cousins that I haven't seen in years. We had a great time playing games, chatting, & enjoying many of their talents at the reunion.

Here are my Mom & Dad's descendents (mom, her kids, their spouses, & children).
Here is my Mom with her 12 children.




Here is my Mom with her 40 grandchildren.




We had a fun family Talent Show with lots of fun numbers. Here is a re-enactment of one my family did way back in 1985.





Here is one from my oldest sister's family.



At the end of the Talent Show, Joseph started to get really upset because he didn't have a turn yet. I finally gave in & he walked right up to my Uncle Jeff & asked if he could have a turn. I had no idea what he was going to do, but he walked right up & sang this song that he made up as he went along.





And Home on the Range (added just for you, Nathan).





We are grateful for our wonderful families & the rich heritage with which we have been blessed.

5 comments:

megan said...

We are so silly and amazingly talented. I'm still way impressed with Joseph's song.

nathan said...

I like Joseph's song the best. No "Home on the Range"?

cheryl said...

I added it for you now, Nathan. Sorry I didn't put it on the first time.

Barbara said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I'd still love a copy of my very own...

nathan said...

Hooray! Thanks, Cheryl! I'm glad we were able to hear some of Megan's part. And now I finally get to see Barbara's awesome exit! (I wasn't paying too much attention during the performance.)