08 April 2008

I love a good bargain!

Gratefully Becca told me of the great sale going on at King Soopers. I didn't get their ad this week so I wasn't planning on going. Boy, would I have missed out. I went through the line 3 times. I bought 108 items for $83. That is 76.8 cents per item. Not bad considering that includes 6 gallons of milk, produce, bread, & day old cupcakes (because the kids were amazing). If you take all of that out. I got 90 items for $50.70. That averages out to 56 cents per item. By "item" I mean: 48 oz crisco canola oil, betty crocker muffin mix, french's mustard, 32 oz gatorade, bc scalloped potatoes, goldfish crackers, hormel chili, clorox wipes, granola bars, breyers ice cream, eggo waffles, even spam, & much, much more. Not too shabby. Now, if only I could find a place to put all of this stuff!!

Yeah, I lead a pretty exciting life - I blog about grocery shopping.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cheryl, but would you rather blog about not buying grocieries?

The Dixon Family said...

What???? Serious???? I'M ON THE JOB.

becca said...

Did you notice? The sale is continuing this week. Go spend and save some more.

Anonymous said...

Too bad I don't have a big freezer...well, bigger than my one in Tallinn. we could only fit one package of meat and one bag of frozen veggies in there...and that was only after we defrosted it. Forget ice cream.

Lori said...

Wow - too bad we don't have a King Soopers or whatever it is. I love saving money too.

Btw- GO HAWKS!

holly said...

you're fun. : )

Devony said...

I blogged about grocery shopping too! Bargain hunters unite!