30 March 2008

Joseph is 3-almost!

Tonight we got an early start on celebrating Joseph's birthday. Becca, Karl, & fam came over, along with Stephanie & Travis (Rick's sister & bro-in-law). Joseph opened a few presents & we had cake & ice cream.
Every time we asked Joseph what kind of cake he wanted he answered, "One with sharks & dolphins & balls & trucks & trains & tractors & dragons & dinosaurs & robots." After discussing and designing a three layer cake we decided that was too much work and showed him pictures of cakes in magazines to convince him of what he really wanted.

7 comments:

ac said...

Cute cake Cheryl! :) Audrey

Becky said...

I am impressed! Did you make that cake?! And good job narrowing it down. Boys are funny. David's third b-day is next week! He wants a striped cake. I think I may have it easy this year!

Lori said...

What a fun cake. I like your idea aobut the Easter bunny coming on Saturday. We might have to start that one in a year or so when my girls understand it.

Laura said...

Awesome cake! I'm so impressed! How fun would that be to have a cake like that on your birthday!?!? Looks like he loved it!

holly b said...

That is a very cool cake. I LOVE his expression of glee on the last photo. birthdays are so fun! :)

Peter and Michelle said...

I can't believe you made that! I'm never showing this picture to my boys--they'll think I could do that too :-)

Amelia said...

That's such an impressive cake!! I'll just start calling you Martha from now on. Or is it Molly? j/k :)