21 January 2008

When Kids Are Neglected...

What do my children do when Mom has caught some icky fever, coughing, nauseating bug?
(I know, I just got over the last bug...I just don't understand.)
WELL THEY:
watch hours of T.V. (almost 3 days straight).
Play with every game in the house they can find, esp. the messy ones. (You should have seen Joseph's room.)
Get some babysitting in for Mom.They get dressed all by themselves. (Can't wait to do the laundry after this week.)
They are generally pretty happy and entertain themselves. But then they notice they are getting hungry. (Toes taste better than nothing...)
But those get a little old. Time to find the good stuff...
One is never enough...
JACKPOT!!
I cannot even begin to count how many treats the kids have eaten. Lexie's bag of Halloween candy that was at the top of her closet somehow managed to be knocked down and is all gone, plus all the candy in the cupboards. At least I know they will never starve.
And this is why Mom's aren't supposed to get sick!

4 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Being sick is the pits. Hope your kids don't get it.

Lori said...

Sorry you've been so sick - it makes our jobs so much harder. I'd rather them eat candy then do a whole lot of other things they could be doing. It sounds like you're keeping your sense of humor.
BTW - the picture of Lexi in her princess dress reminds me SOOOO much of you!

mommykay said...

Have I mentioned lately how adorable my grandchildren are?

Karen said...

Oh what good little children you have...so self-sufficient. I'm so sorry your sick Cheryl. I hope you start to feel better SOON!